The current Staying On Your Feet fall prevention resources include:
- 8 Steps to Stay on Your Feet (2018)- This easy-to-read brochure describes what an individual can to prevent a fall. Easily fits in an envelope or waiting room display rack.
* 8 Steps is available in Winnipeg by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Checklist to Help You Prevent Falls (2015) helps you identify what is putting you at risk of falling
- Take Action To Prevent Falls Booklet (2015) contains the above checklist to help you identify what is putting you at risk of falling, provides information on what you can do to reduce the risks and has tools to help you make a plan
- Home Balance & Strength Exercises (2016) contains pictures and step-by-step instructions of five exercises that you can do at home to improve your strength and balance
- Proper Footwear Can Help Prevent Falls helps you choose the best footwear to decrease your risk of falling
- Exercise for Strength and Balance – 11 x 17″ poster
- Vitamin D, Prevent Falls and Injuries – 11 x 17″ poster
- Medications and Risk of Falling – 11 x 17″ poster
- Proper Footwear Prevents Falls – 11 x 17″ poster
- Interactive home safety checklist helps you inspect your home for hazards that could lead to a fall. The checklist is located on this website or at www.homesafetycheck.ca
- 8 Steps to Stay on Your Feet Community Presentation – a public presentation and companion resource to the 8 Steps to Stay on Your Feet brochure. this presentation aims to raise awareness of how to reduce falls and fall-related injury. Speaker’s Notes
All of these resources are posted electronically on this website. Speak with your health care provider for a print copy.
Staying on Your Feet Fall Prevention Videos
A series of videos aimed at helping reduce falls has been produced by Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living and the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority. These can be shared with clients, posted to your website and downloaded and used in closed circuit TVs in waiting rooms. Videos can be viewed by clicking on the title.
- Staying on Your Feet: 8 Steps to Prevent a Fall
- Staying on Your Feet: Exercise and Balance
- Staying on Your Feet: Manage your Medications