Help when you need it. Where you need it.
Caring for your mental health is important during the COVID-19 pandemic. AbilitiCBT is a new digital therapy program from Morneau Shepell, available to all Manitobans experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of anxiety due to the pandemic.
You will be able to connect to a professional therapist trained to help you deal with:
- pandemic challenges
- the state of uncertainty
- physical isolation
- care for family and community members
- information overload
- stress management
What to expect at signup with AbilitiCBT
- You will be redirected to the AbilitiCBT home page to sign up in English or French
- You will need to enter your email and create a password to access the program.
- Next, you will be asked to complete the health screening questionnaire online.
- After you sign up, you will receive a welcome email outlining your next steps, including:
- Downloading the AbilitiCBT mobile app on your smartphone or tablet
- Providing availability for an initial appointment with your assigned therapist
- Logging into the AbilitiCBT mobile app on your smartphone or tablet to complete module 1
About the AbilitiCBT digital therapy program
AbilitiCBT is cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) delivered by a therapist through a digital platform accessible from your smartphone or tablet. It virtually pairs you with a professional therapist that supports you through your program.
AbilitiCBT can help you:
- Learn what anxiety is and how it affects your emotions, mind, body and behaviour.
- Reduce anxiety by learning cognitive behavioral therapy skills and using them to change responses to triggers.
- Develop coping strategies to track and reduce anxiety and better manage daily activities.
How AbilitiCBT works
- The AbilitiCBT program starts by assessing your needs through an online questionnaire and consultation with a professional therapist — either by phone or video chat.
- Then, you move through 10 modules, at your own pace, while the therapist tracks and monitors your progress.
- There will be scheduled check-ins along the way to make sure you’re getting the help you need. You can connect with your therapist over the phone, via chat, or through a video check-in.
Why use AbilitiCBT
- It’s confidential
- It works and is clinically effective
- It’s supported by experts
- It’s accessible from home
- It’s free and convenient