a. Conditions of Use – These Conditions of Use contain a number of important obligations, restrictions, notices and disclaimers that apply to this Site, to the use of this Site and to any information which is made available on this Site. By making any use of this Site and/or any of the pages or information made available on this Site, you are agreeing to be bound by all of the provisions of these Conditions of Use and that you will comply with the provisions of these Conditions of Use in respect of all matters regarding this Site. We recommend that you read the entire Conditions of Use carefully. If you do not agree with these Conditions of Use, do not access or view this Site.
b. Definitions – In these Conditions of Use:
1. “includes” and “including” means including without limiting the generality of the foregoing;
2. “WRHA ” means the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority;
3. “Site” means this website, having the URL www.preventfalls.ca;
4. “Third Party Sites” means websites which are owned, maintained or controlled by third parties (and not by the WRHA) to which links are provided from this Site;
5. “use” includes access, view or copying, whether in whole or in part; and
6.captions and headings are inserted for convenience only, and are not to be used as an aid in the interpretation of these Conditions of Use.
c. Contract – These Conditions of Use constitute a contract between the User and the WRHA, and the WRHA is entitled to rely upon and to enforce its terms.
d. Other Conditions – In addition to these Conditions of Use, your use of this Site may also be subject to the terms and conditions which may be posted on or applicable to Third Party Sites. See the section below entitled “Disclaimer re: Third Party Sites.”
e. Purpose – This Site provides general information about the WRHA and its programs and activities that may be of interest to readers.
f. User – These Conditions of Use apply to all persons who use this Site, or who attempt to do so, whether or not they are authorized by the WRHA. Such a person is referred to in these Conditions of Use as “User” or “you.”
g. Changes to Conditions of Use – Changes may be made by the WRHA to these Conditions of Use at any time by updating this posting. We strongly recommend that you review these Conditions of Use regularly, and your continued use of this Site means that you agree to any changes made.
i. Proper Law – This Site and its content are administered by the WRHA from its offices in Canada, and is intended primarily for use by residents of Manitoba. This Site, its content, these Conditions of Use and your use of this Site are all governed by the laws of the Province of Manitoba and the laws of Canada as applicable therein, notwithstanding any conflict of laws principles or your domicile, residence or physical location. You agree that all questions and disputes regarding this Site and your use thereof will be decided exclusively by the courts of the Province of Manitoba.
j. More Information – The WRHA welcomes your questions or concerns regarding this Site or these Conditions of Use. Please feel free to contact us at ph. (204) 926-7000 or email email@example.com.
a. Ownership of Site – This Site is owned and operated by the WRHA.
b. Copyright – © WRHA2018. All rights reserved. Except where expressly stated otherwise:
- this Site is protected under the copyright laws of Canada and other countries. The materials and images on this website are protected by copyright and are trademarked. The WRHA either owns the intellectual property rights, including copyright, in and to this Site, or has acquired the necessary permissions to use the information, including all text, HTML code, multimedia clips, images, graphics, icons and the selection and arrangement of the contents of this Site. Unless otherwise noted, the content of the WRHA website is for visitor’s personal and non-commercial use; and
- unless otherwise specified, no person has permission to copy, redistribute, modify, reproduce or republish in any form any information found on this Site. This includes electronically reproducing by “uploading” or “downloading” or accessing onto the Internet or any other local or international computer system. Any infringement of the rights of the WRHA will result in appropriate legal action.
c. Trademarks – The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority name and logo, as well as the (Office regional de la santé de Winnipeg) name and logo are Official Marks protected under The Trade-marks Act (Canada). Certain other words, phrases, names, designs or logos used on the Site may constitute official marks, trademarks, service marks or trade names of the WRHA or other entities. The display of such official marks, trademarks, service marks or trade names does not convey or create any license or privilege of any kind. Unauthorized use or exploitation of such marks or names is strictly prohibited.
d. Licence to view and print – You are hereby granted a limited licence to use, to display on your computer, to download and to print a single copy of the text and images which are available on this Site (including any forms available on this Site which are designated for printing and use), solely for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes, provided that the contents of this Site are not modified in any way. This license is personal to you, and may not be assigned, transferred or sub-licensed to any other person. Where any of the images or text on this Site are downloaded, copied, stored or printed, they are still subject to these Conditions of Use and you will ensure that all copyright and trademark notices are retained and included with, and displayed on, each copy of such content is the associated copyright notice and this limited license. No other use is permitted. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not make any commercial use of such content, include such content in or with any product that you create or distribute, or copy such content onto your, or any other person’s, website.
e. Permission to reproduce – Advanced written authorization is required from the WRHA if you wish to reproduce or republish any material located on this Site, including using or publishing any names, logos, likenesses, photographs, graphics, illustrations, video, music or sound from the Site. If you require further information on a permitted use or license, contact the WRHA at the email address or phone number found above. Any reproductions may not be represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, or as having been made in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the WRHA.
a. No improper use – This Site and its content may be used only for the limited purposes described in these Conditions of Use. You will not make or attempt to make any other use thereof. You will not abuse in any way this Site and you will not, and will not attempt to, modify this Site or any of its content, or disrupt or interfere with the availability or operation of this Site.
- You agree that your use of the Site shall not violate any applicable local, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law. Some jurisdictions may have restrictions on the use of the Internet by their residents.
- You agree not to impersonate another person in your use of the Site or the sending of any e-mail to an address listed on the Site.
b. Accuracy of data – The information, material and content posted on this Site are believed to be reliable when posted. Although best efforts are made to ensure accuracy, there is no warranty or guarantee that this information, material and content are accurate, complete or current at all times. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, there may be typographical errors, or inaccurate or incomplete information resulting from Internet software and/or transmission problems. The WRHA assumes no obligation to update the information or advise on further developments concerning topics mentioned. Despite the aforementioned, the WRHA may make changes to the content at any time in its sole discretion without notice.
c. No advice – The information on the Site, including newsletters, articles, opinions, views, wording, graphics and images, is provided for educational or information purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical, legal or professional advice whatsoever or to replace consultations with professional advisors, and should not be relied upon in that respect.
d. Report Errors – If any errors are noticed on this Site or in the information which is accessible on this Site, you are requested to immediately advise the WRHA at the address set out above.
e. Third party data – No endorsement or approval of any third parties, or of their advice, opinions, information, products or services, is expressed or implied. The WRHA does not review or control, and is not responsible for, any information which is created or supplied by a third party.
f. Disclaimer re: Third Party Sites -This Site may contain links to Third Party Sites. In addition to these Conditions of Use, your use of Third Party Sites may be subject to the terms and conditions which have been posted on or are applicable to the Third Party Sites. By providing these links the WHRA is not responsible for the privacy practices, content, transactions, and the functioning of the websites.
1. The parties who own, maintain or control Third Party Sites are solely responsible for their content, and the WRHA assumes no responsibility for such content and disclaims any and all liability for injury and/or other damages, which result from an individual using techniques discussed on any third party sites.
2. Links to Third Party Sites are provided for convenience only, and are not to be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of the products, services, advice or information which may be available on them. Linking to Third Party Sites is at your own risk and the WRHA is not responsible or liable for any damages in connection with linking, including but not limited to: incompatibility, non-suitability, viral infection, worms, Trojan horses, or other destructive/disruptive components on or from such third party sites.
3. A link to a third party site should not be construed to mean that the WRHA is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to such other third party sites.
g. Searches – The results of your use of the Site search tool may automatically and unintentionally generate links or references to objectionable material. Computerized search technology does not give you search results limited to only the information that you were seeking. The WRHA is not responsible for any search results that refer to sites and information located worldwide throughout the Internet.
h. No warranties – The WRHA, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE.
- All information contained on this Site is provided “as is, where is” without any warranties of any kind. The WRHA makes no representations and disclaim all express and implied warranties of any kind, including without limitation; representations, warranties or conditions regarding accuracy, timeliness, completeness, non-infringement and merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose, and assume no responsibility for the consequences of any errors or omissions.
- While every effort is made to ensure that all information provided on this site does not contain computer viruses, WRHA cannot and does not either guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, or codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and should ensure that you have a complete and current backup of the applicable items of information contained on your computer system.
i. Submissions – All information submitted to the WRHA via the Site shall be deemed to be and remain the property of the WRHA . The WRHA shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or other techniques contained in information provided to the WRHA through the Site or sent through email. The WRHA shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding any such information submitted to it, unless specifically agreed by the WRHA in advance and in writing or required by law. You agree that any information submitted for inclusion at the Site does not infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any third parties and you grant the WRHA the right to provide access to the information from the Site. You warrant that any software submitted to the WRHA shall be free of computer viruses.
j. Liability – As a User, you assume full responsibility for risk of loss or damage of any nature whatsoever arising from or in connection with use of this Site. You further agree that none of the WRHA, its affiliates, their respective officers, employees, agents and service providers shall be liable for any loss including, but not limited to, any loss of use, lost data, lost business profits, business interruption, personal injury, or any other personal or pecuniary loss, or damage of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use, improper use,or the inability to use, this Site or any Third Party Site, regardless of whether the WRHA has been notified of the possibility thereof, and including any claims whether or not foreseeable based on contract, tort, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory. The WRHA is not liable for any action or decision made by you in reliance on this Site or the information contained herein, or any unauthorized use or reproduction of this Site or the information herein.
k. Indemnify Winnipeg Regional Health Authority – As a User, you shall indemnify and save harmless the WRHA and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses, including legal fees, arising directly or indirectly from: (a) your breach of any of these Terms or any additional terms; (b) your access to or use of this Site or any website to which this Site is or may be linked from time to time; (c) your use of, reliance on, or publication, communication or distribution of anything on or from this Site; or (d) your violation of any law or regulation to the detriment of the WRHA from use of this Site and/or violation of these Conditions of Use.
4. Privacy and Security
a. Privacy – The WRHA is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and privacy of your personal information in accordance with The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Manitoba) (FIPPA) and of your personal health information in accordance with The Personal Health Information Act (Manitoba) )(PHIA). Any collection of information on this Site is in compliance with FIPPA. If you have any general questions, please visit the FIPPA website at http://www.gov.mb.ca/chc/fippa/index.html. For more information on FIPPA and how you can protect the privacy of your personal information, please contact:
WRHA Chief Privacy Officer
4th Floor, 650 Main Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3B 1E2
b. Collection of Information –The following is in addition to the Google Analytics service which is described above. When you visit the Site, we collect only information that is necessary for the purpose of the operation and security of the Site, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer; the operating system and the type and version of browser used to visit the Site; the dates and times of such visits; the pages visited; and the key words entered into a search engine used to visit the Site. This information is collected so that we know how many people visit our site, the geographical region they are from, and which pages they view on our site. As a general practice, the information is aggregated and maintained in statistical reports and individuals are not identified. However, if an attempt to damage or disrupt the Site is detected, we can take further action and may share the information with the legal authorities, who may use the information to investigate the breach of security and to trace and identify the individual(s). This information is not used for any other purpose. This Site does not ask for nor does it collect any of your personal health information.
c. Providing Personal Information to the WRHA – Please do not send any personal information to the WRHA, please read the following information:
- Personal Information – Personal Information under FIPPA is any recorded information on an identifiable individual. This can include, but is not limited to, an individual’s name, address, telephone number, age, identifying number, fingerprints, blood type, health care history, education, financial, criminal, or employment history.
- Transmitting Personal Information Via The Internet – Users should note when using this Site that information will be transmitted over a medium which is beyond the control and jurisdiction of WRHA. Accordingly, WRHA assumes no liability for the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data transmitted in connection with this Site. As we cannot guarantee the security of electronic systems or e-mail, we do not recommend sending personal health information or sensitive personal information or complaints electronically. For all such matters please contact us by postal mail at WRHA, 4th Floor, 650 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 1E2 or by calling (204) 926-7000 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday to Friday.
i) session cookies are used to allow the Site to recognize your computer for the duration of your visit to the Site, and expire when you leave this Site; and
ii) Google Analytics installs session and persistent cookies on your computer as is described above. The cookies introduced by Google Analytics are unknown to and not accessible by the WRHA.
e. Internet – The Internet is not a secure medium. The authenticity and privacy of communications over the Internet cannot be assured. You should not send any personal or confidential information to anyone over the Internet, and the WRHA cannot assume any responsibility for any harm or damage you may experience or incur by doing so.
a. Termination of Access – The WRHA may terminate your access to this Site at any time without notice. If your access has been terminated and you have any questions, please contact WRHA at the address found above.
b. Availability of Site – The WRHA does not warrant that this Site will be available and meet your requirements or that access to this Site will be uninterrupted. Interruptions of availability may occur at any time, without notice, including periods of unavailability required for maintenance or technical reasons.
c. Termination of Site – This Site may be terminated at any time by the WRHA without notice.